Faith makes us open to the quiet presence of God at every moment of our lives,
in every person and in every situation. Pope Francis
Faith is a personal act – the free response of the human person to the initiative of God who reveals himself. Catechism of the Catholic Church 166
We profess our faith in the Apostles’ Creed.
I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord.
He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary.
He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried.
He descended into hell.
On the third day he rose again.
He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.
Above all, we strive to follow the Great Commandment.
You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
From the teachings of Jesus, the works of mercy give us a model of how to treat others.
7 Corporal Works of Mercy
+To feed the hungry
+To give drink to the thirsty
+To clothe the naked
+To shelter the homeless
+To care for the sick
+To visit the imprisoned
+To bury the dead
7 Spiritual Works of Mercy
+To share knowledge
+To give advice to those who need it
+To comfort the suffering
+To be patient with others
+To forgive those who hurt you
+To give correction to those who need it
+To pray for the living and the dead
Jesus gave us the Beatitudes teach us God’s way of life.
1. Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
2. Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
3. Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
4. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.
5. Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.
6. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
7. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called children of God.
8. Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 5:1-12; Luke 6:20-23; CCC 1716-1729
And the 10 Commandments are our moral foundation.
1. I am the LORD your God. You shall not have strange gods before me
2. You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain
3. Remember to keep holy the LORD’S day
4. Honor your father and your mother
5. You shall not kill
6. You shall not commit adultery
7. You shall not steal
8. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor
9. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife
10.You shall not covet your neighbor’s goods